Monday 27 October 2014

Come With the Wind

Autumn has arrived at Sussex. Last week the wind was howling, special thanks to Hurricane Gonzalo ! Luckily Brighton and our campus were spared from any major damage.

Walking to lectures this morning
As the leaves have started falling, several of my classmates have also fallen - ill that is. The infamous freshers' flu has passed, but now new and improved viruses and other bugs seem to be making their rounds. So far I've managed to keep my nose clean (literally and figuratively) and been able to attend all of my lectures and seminars.

Heading back to my room
The campus has been gorgeous, especially today. The sun is shining and the many trees and shrubs planted around campus really brighten up the place with their vibrant colours.

Shrubbery outside my building

This week is the last week of teaching before a week-long break. I just need to return an essay on Thursday (in addition to the regular readings for the week) before a well-deserved rest.'Reading week' isn't really supposed to be a holiday, but I definitely plan to take some time off my studies. I'm really looking foward to having Mum here for a few days - but that'll be another blog post. :)

Swanborough block 1  
Wish me luck on the essay, it's my very first one due at Sussex !

Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment